04 Dec Job Opportunity – Support Engineer (Contractor)
The role is for a full time (9:00 – 5:30, Monday to Friday) support engineer (contractor) on a rolling 6 month contract (3 months initial).
The role will require you to work remotely from your home in Manchester (all of our team work remotely) on the service desk covering 1st, 2nd and 3rd line (all of our team support all levels), but also occasionally on-site at clients for project work. It is therefore imperative that you are smart, polite and have impeccably strong customer facing and communication skills, together with the technical skills to match.
We follow The Amazing Way® CARE code of conduct so it is essential that these qualities are achievable and met by any potential contractor.
You will be working alongside our existing service desk team dealing both with direct calls and email enquires from clients, as well as escalated and delegated requests from within the team. You will report to the Service Desk Manager and where appropriate based on work requirements.
- Giving timely support to clients as and when they call/email in
- Responding to requests from your team leader, management of the company as well as escalated requests from team members.
- Perform regular maintenance and resolutions as part of general housekeeping, reporting back to your line manager
- Perform regular and requested preventative maintenance and to flag up and notify your line manager of recurring issues.
- Visit client sites to provide break/fix or planned maintenance or project work at a desktop and server level as well as network (WAN/LAN/WLAN/VLAN) configuration.
- Patch/AV Management
- Backup monitoring and management (Acronis/Veeam/Online Backup)
- Full ownership of support tickets you’re dealing with
- Logging all tickets and keeping accurate and full communication on our ticketing system
- Ensuring The Amazing Way® is consistently delivered internally and externally
- Troubleshooting, repairing and upgrading of workstation and server hardware in house and on-site
- Setting up and configuring of wired, wireless networks, switches, routers and access points
- Setting up cloud software for 2FA, Cyber Essentials, Office 365, Dropbox and accountancy packages
- Setup, configuration and preparation of new clients (Domain and Workgroup)
- Assisting the Project Team with project work and project tasks when required
- Occasionally out-of-hours work and some on-call support will be required
- Microsoft Windows (all versions)
- Microsoft Server (all versions)
- Microsoft Office (all versions)
- Microsoft Offie 365
- Microsoft Azure
- Apple Mac (all versions)
- Mobile phones (Android and iOS)
- Regular maintenance and monitoring of servers and workstations
- Domain support including Active Directory and Group Policy
- DNS editing such as A, WWW and MX for web and email security filtering
- cPanel web hosting
- Configuring and troubleshooting MS Exchange Server and POP3 Mail
- Terminal Server and RDP
- VMware/Hyper-V Virtual Machines and Virtual Hosts
- Server Migrations and upgrades
- Enterprise Wi-Fi such as UniFi
- Hosted exchange platforms and migrations
- Dropbox for Business
- Expert on troubleshooting virus cleaning/removal, upgrading and repairing desktops
- Comfortable and proven experience of working on-site in front of clients
- Strong Networking Experience of TCP/IP networks, routers, switches, firewalls wired and wireless, routing, port redirection.
- Experience with LAN/WAN/VLAN/WLAN/VPN setups and troubleshooting
- Experience of server, email and data based backups, local, online and replication.
- Experience of Server and Desktop based antivirus.
You will have been working for a number of years at 2nd line level already and will be proficient with dealing with user issues both remotely and on-site. You will enjoy dealing with clients and have a desire to fix their problems as quickly as possible for them.
You will have strong exposure to Microsoft server, cloud and desktop platforms/software (all versions) and working with businesses of between 5 – 250 seats.
This role is not for candidates that wish to move into management but who wish to further their technical career and knowhow through training and experience in a company with like-minded people. Everybody has a voice in the company and we hope that any candidate will bring their wealth of information to advise clients and colleagues on the best technical procedures and recommendations.
Pay & Travel
The ideal candidate will be based in Manchester (from their home) to work along side our Service Desk Team. We might also be looking at a shared co-working space in the near future.
A company laptop and VOIP desk phone will be supplied, together with additional screens, docking station, keyboard and mouse if required.
You must have a full driver’s license and car as travel on-site will be required from time-to-time by car or train (we pay travel expenses).
Contractor rates at £23-25k pro-rata pa, based on experience.
About the business
We are a growing IT Support company based in Hertfordshire that services and supports SME’s and SMB’s, primarily in the London and Herfordshire areas, together with client satellite offices around the UK. Our clients ranging from 5 users to 100+ users. We offer the full spectrum of support from desktop and application support through to server and hosted support. We help clients with large and small server and cloud migrations as well as other IT projects/consultancy work.
Please email your CV with a covering letter to: [email protected]